Sunday, August 29, 2010

What Graphic Design Is To Me.

     My definition of graphic design would have to be, any design or created image used as a device for communicating visually to an audience of consumers.  The making of such images can span across a vast number of medias.  I would also define it as successfully employing proven principles of visual communication.
     I have always been interested in designing art using many different mediums.  It wasn't till my freshman year in high school that I started dabbling in using computer software and designing things that were mostly just for fun.  One day it was brought to my attention that there was a name for what I was having fun doing, and that I could actually make a career out of it.  I sought the help of a friend of mine who took me under his wing and mentored me in design.  I've had three summer internships with him and have done some freelance work for him also.  He gave me a push in the right direction and I just kept going with it.  I've been exploring different medias and methods of visual communication ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment