Thursday, August 26, 2010

Dots That Do... Stuff.

     The assignment for my visual communications 1 class was interesting.  The project was to use simple dots to portray a certain action, emotion, or condition in an abstract manner.  Also the composition was supposed to be visually appealing and consider the spacial relationships.    I don't know if the parameters are entirely comparable to many real life design problems, but I think thats why we're doing this project.        

     I learned one of  two things.  Either I learned how to solve a problem using very basic units and tight constraints, or I discovered forty-eight different things that dots should never do.  I think the jury is still out on that.  I guess I'll see how critiques go tomorrow.  I did find that with the more compositions I made, a few became better refined.  I'm reasonably satisfied with my three final pieces, but I will still be anxious to get some added parameters for this project.

1 comment: