The assignment for my visual communications 1 class was interesting. The project was to use simple dots to portray a certain action, emotion, or condition in an abstract manner. Also the composition was supposed to be visually appealing and consider the spacial relationships. I don't know if the parameters are entirely comparable to many real life design problems, but I think thats why we're doing this project.
I learned one of two things. Either I learned how to solve a problem using very basic units and tight constraints, or I discovered forty-eight different things that dots should never do. I think the jury is still out on that. I guess I'll see how critiques go tomorrow. I did find that with the more compositions I made, a few became better refined. I'm reasonably satisfied with my three final pieces, but I will still be anxious to get some added parameters for this project.