Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Design Systems Phase #2

Bass

My goal for this round was to establish a style direction for a "bass player's bass company". The objective for this brand, is to embody the bass sound, the bass player, and the long to not so long traditions of bass design. My key attributes are classic, solid, and personal. Ultimately my third direction is the one that I wish to move forward with. With it's sturdy type and heavily based brand marks, I believe it embodies the attribute of solid and classic in a way that those two attributes have historically shown up as staples for reliable bass equipment. What I believe it has over the others is a personal side, with different marks standing in for different types of bass players. Moving forward I may need to synthesize the energy and performing character of the first direction to allow for the attribute of personal to still apply to the more expressive bass player.

No comments:

Post a Comment